We have objected to this proposal for a number of reasons:
- The site is outside the settlement boundary of the town of Minchinhampton. Building is an unwanted intrusion into the countryside and would result in a loss of greenfield space.
- The proposed development would have a negative impact on the setting of Minchinhampton’s Conservation area and the listed buildings which it adjoins..
- Building here would permanently destroy flora and wildlife in an undisturbed field within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Traffic and parking are already serious issues in Well Hill, which will be made worse.
- The proposal does not comply with the policies of the emerging Local Plan. Minchinhampton does not need more 5 bedroom houses.
- The site is unsuitable for development, at high risk from landslip and flooding from groundwater. Attempts to reduce these risks would result in high impact building works with an unsustainable environmental impact.
- The Community Orchard proposal cannot count in favour of the development. Support is confined to one section of the community and there has been a lack of planning and meaningful public consultation.
- The proposed financial contribution to Minchinhampton School cannot count in favour of the proposal. The School’s stance is that it will play no part in the planning process.
The deadline for public objections was September 17th. We now await the outcome of the planning officer's decision making.